Monday, April 24, 2017

Lighting the Stairwell

The basement stairs are looking better all the time; although I am constantly reminded how a "little" project like finishing the stairwell can take more time than a "big" project, like painting a bedroom.

Basically, I've filled a lot cracks with caulk, painted the walls white, and hung a light fixture.

Disclosure #1: Fritz hung the new light fixture. I consider him the household electricity expert, so hanging a new light falls under his responsibilities. Disclosure #2: The light fixture is old, not new. It came with us from Germany (EIGHT YEARS AGO). Disclosure #3: Installing a German-ready light fixture in an American-prepped location is not so easy, and Fritz may have done a little bit of swearing and taken several trips to Home Depot. But after hauling this light fixture around with us for eight years in moving boxes, I was determined to have it hang somewhere in our home. Even if it only saved us $29.99 and a trip to Ikea. (Cough, cough.)

The light fixture DOES actually give the stairwell a more fun personality than before. Also, the color of the light bulb is a huge improvement. You can check out The Before in my previous post. Those of you who find my white walls sterile, (you know who you are) will agree that the light was a good move, I'm sure.

Next up: painting the stairs themselves.

1 comment:

Pregnantly Plump said...

I like the light! Very fun. It looks nice.