Monday, May 9, 2016

End of the Beginning

We celebrated Trixie's 3rd birthday at the beginning of the month. It marked both the end of birthday season here at the Wyse home, as well as the end of having a child less than 2 in the house. Over the last nine years, there have only been 35 days without a child 2 or less in the house (and those were the days we spent awaiting Trixie's arrival!) Also, wow! I'm not pregnant! It's so nice NOT to be pregnant, or recovering from being pregnant, or thinking about pregnant! Done! Done! Done!


I am so relieved to be done with this (baby/toddler) phase of our lives. I'm not sure if I appreciated it enough - I'm not sure it's really possible. But what I DO know is that I've lived each and every day fully with my kids for the first three years of their lives. I don't feel any guilt about our relationship or lack thereof. I've been there, done that. Lived it well. And I'm so excited and happy to be moving onward!

If you were to scroll back several posts, you'd see both the boys in their respective birthday photos without company. Trixie, it seems, is always surrounded by her brothers in the photos. Someone once told me that they were very "protective" of her. That's not really the adjective that comes to my mind, but sounds sweeter, so I think we'll go with it.

1 comment:

Pregnantly Plump said...

Yay for you! And happy birthday to Trixie! Life got much easier for us once we got out of the baby/toddler phase.