Sunday, April 3, 2016

Spring Break


This past week was Spring Break for the boys. Fritz took the week off from work. He spent it taking care of the kids and the house: visiting museums and playgrounds, fixing meals, grocery shopping and doing laundry. (Basically, he did all the stuff that I normally do.)

Before (ish)

I spent the week painting. We had a number of unfinished projects that included walls, ceilings, and trim. I didn't complete everything that I would like to do, but I finished more than I expected to.  It wasn't the most exciting paint job. Dramatic color changes are fun. Subtle color changes, not so much.

Ceiling and trim done

Over the last three years, we've been slowly repainting everything from the original color that the builder painted it (off-white) to Behr's ultra pure white. There are two reason for this: 1) I don't really like the original off-white color and 2) the original paint doesn't stand up very well to the kind of scrubbing that removes the kids' dirt.

Partially down the walls (painting the top of the room first)...

Both Fritz and I felt really happy with our respective change of pace. Sometimes you don't need a trip out of town, or a night out, or even a day of pampering to feel refreshed. You just need a change in routine.

Finished! Whiter! Easier to clean! And something to show for my week!

1 comment:

Pregnantly Plump said...

Yay! That's great that you got a week to really devote to projects! How very wonderful, and the kids probably had fun hanging out with dad. What a nice spring break for everyone!