Thursday, July 9, 2015

Wallpaper Drawers

I've been using an old Ikea television stand to hold a dollhouse for a few months. (Remember when televisions needed a stand this deep to hold them?!?) Sometimes, I feel like these bigger/interactive toys like the dollhouse get more play time when they are off the floor. The television stand was the perfect size.


It occurred to me that it might be nice to have some drawers or bins on the shelves for all the dolls and dollhouse furniture. Pregnantly Plump recently mentioned wallpapering furniture. The idea stuck in my head, and I decided to make some "wallpaper drawers." All I needed was someone to distract the kids for a few hours. (Thanks, Mom!)


Actually, these are a cross between a bin and a drawer. They are made of a foam core box that fits the shelf and sits on the shelf, but they pull out like a drawer would.


I measured the shelves and cut out the box to fit the shelves. I hot glued the box together. Then I used wallpaper and wallpaper paste to cover the box. I wasn't sure that the wallpaper paste would work on the foam core board, but it did.


So far, so good...


2 comments: