Sunday, September 7, 2014

Bonding

I am really hopeful that all the time the kids and I have spent together over the last few years will result in really strong familial bonds. Not just between me and the kids, but between the kids themselves. This year, I decided to keep Mattias home half days so that he and Trixie would have more chance to establish their own relationship. It was a hard decision to make, as around 4 years of age – with both boys – I've really felt that they are ready to spend more hours in structured environment.

[series of photos with Mattias and Trixie playing ball removed]

However, three years ago, when I kept a 4 year-old Noah at home with me for half days, I noticed how Noah and Mattias's (then 16 months +)  relationship blossomed. To this day, they still genuinely enjoy each other's company and play together really well, despite the 3 year age difference. I'm hoping this will repeat with Trixie and Mattias. I know Mattias and Trixie will ultimately have a different relationship than Mattias and Noah. But it's such a gift to have a sibling who is also a friend.

1 comment:

Pregnantly Plump said...

Our two youngest typically play very well together. Baby Plum was forced, by virtue of a late birthday to wait to go to pre-school and now bigger boy school. Their extra time together may have helped. Most likely with ours, it's just that Baby Plum is very easy going and sweet.