Monday, March 31, 2014

Recent

We're winding down after a weekend of birthdays. We're starting spring break. I haven't been dreading this spring break the way I normally do. Not sure if that's because I na├»vely expect it to be better, or I haven't had time to think about it, or I've just given up feeling overwhelmed. I suspect that it might be the latter. There's a definite theme of surrender that came with the third child.


There are no photos of the lego-table-birthday gift. Because I didn't finish it. Story of my life. I think a lot of my frustration in my current life, (i.e., since becoming a parent,) revolves around being unable to figure out how to do the stuff that I want to do. Agh. I seem to remember that accomplishing stuff started to get easier around the time that Mattias hit 18 months. I'm waiting for Trixie. Not so patiently. I will post the lego table, when I finish it....


My aunt got Noah and Mattias kites for their birthday. Noah really bonded with his. Mattias is still a little young. But here's my suggestion: get your 7 year old a kite. SO FUN! (Take better photos than me.) Also, finally, a way to enjoy the wind! The wind always catches me off guard, especially in the spring, when I'm ready to be outside. There's something aggressive – almost violent – about the way it whips around our neighborhood. Last week, the boys had an indoor OJ stand because there was no way to keep the glasses standing upright in the wind outside. Unfortunately, the location negatively impacted sales.

[photo removed]

Do you remember this phase? When someone is always holding onto your pants, or trying to get into the trash cupboards? I'd forgotten. Ah, looks so harmless in the photo!

[photo removed]

This last photo is my favorite from the last week. We got a second car last year. At the time, I thought it was a highly impractical two-door. Well, the funny thing is, it's actually not so impractical. Sometimes, I find it easier to get the kids in and out of this car than our station wagon. However, more importantly, the boys think our second car is the coolest car ever. Mattias got a model version from Oma and will not put it down. Look at that grin. Hilarious.

[photo removed]

2 comments:

Pregnantly Plump said...

It is hard to get stuff accomplished with little ones. Especially if the project is noisy or the tools dangerous. It looks like they had fun birthdays, and it's great they're so proud of their car. All of our boys love Bob's car and much prefer it to my car.

Katie said...

My boys think your car is the coolest car, too. Happy Belated Birthdays! :)