Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Still Planning

Last week was suppose to be the week that I finally started getting stuff done around here. Nope, didn't happen. First there were all those half days of school for testing purposes. Then there was our reliable, dependable car with less than 50K, which, lately, is not at all reliable-dependable. Also, Trixie is out-of-sorts with our schedule that requires no less than 3 excursions each day.

So maybe this week will be the week I start getting stuff done?

Then again, I'm already down one day because of the holiday.

I'm not quite sure why I have such an overwhelming drive to be productive. This part of me certainly conflicts with the job aspect of motherhood. Life goes the best around here when I stop trying to do anything (planned). As soon as I start planning, I am bound to be thwarted and frustrated. Life is best when I just sit back and go with the kids' natural rhythms and fill in the spaces with, you know, laundry and dishes and simple food prep.


Ugh. I don't know how many times I have to relearn this lesson. Or maybe this lesson is specific to having a baby in tow? For the short period of time when I had two kids over the age of two, it really seemed like things were happening around here. But I don't know if that was a fluke or what. Someday I will get to feel productive again. I just hope I don't have to wait a full 18 years.

1 comment:

Pregnantly Plump said...

I understand. It's hard to get stuff done. I will start something, only to get interrupted constantly. Maybe Trixie will be a helper. Baby Plum has some very helpful moments. Cheese Puff seems like he might as well. Little Elvis... not a natural helper. It's just not his style. We've decided he will be a great manager someday.