Monday, April 1, 2013

A List of Equations

1. Spring break = perpetual motion + constantly impending disaster. When do they start sitting still?

2. Two birthdays = one official 6 year old + one official 3 year old.

3. Easter = candy + sugar + beautiful weather to accelerate the rate of the perpetual motion. (This does not equate with shortening the length of spring break. For better or worse.)

4. Air conditioning installation = one anticipated newborn + two summer house guests in need of A/C. Oh, I feel like I've given up, even under the auspices of installing A/C for other people. I'm disappointed in myself. First the second car, then the A/C.... Now that we've installed it (and my moody hormonal attitude is still here); it will probably be a cool, no A/C-necessary summer.

The boys LOVE the air conditioning man. They now play "Air Conditioning Man." The air conditioning man taught Noah this age appropriate joke. He's got it memorized. It's the first real joke he's memorized. Ready?

Why does the seagull fly over the sea? 
Because if it flew over the bay, it would be a bagel.

Not to be outdone by Air Conditioning Man, Fritz came up with his own version. Fritz's version, as usual, with twisted logic and more wordplay:

Why does the seagull fly over the sea?
Because if it flew over France, it would be a French Fly.

5 comments:

Sara Struckman said...

Don't feel guilty about the A/C. We're breaking down and installing a swamp cooler this year. It's been increasingly hard to deal with summers and last summer really tested us. I'm willing to give it one more year, but my husband is ready to throw in the towel.

You know, we should really get together sometime! We go to the Nature & Science Museum all of the time. And our kids the roughly the same age. Sooo, sounds like the perfect combination :).

Pregnantly Plump said...

I like the jokes! I'm sure the air conditioning will be appreciated this summer.

Therese said...

Ok. Time to post some pictures of messy floors and screaming kids. Otherwise I'm moving to Colorado(?) to be all bucolic with you.

Katie said...

Happy Birthday all around! Now I know where the joke Theo told me yesterday came from, yet with even more play on words. ;)

Anonymous said...

Looked at the pics with my kids - we are sending our belated birthday wishes.....kisses to your boys from my girls, and my boys love the cake!
Answer to question number one: they start sitting still during Easter break when they can read. I could not believe how many hours a child can stay on the sofa and read, read, read. No need for a babysitter during the day, only for the youngest who got bored by his reading siblings.
I have to admit, I missed the disaster of their usual inventive games (circus, foto studio, school, family). I got bored, too....and started reading.