Thursday, January 24, 2013

Additions

Table setting courtesy of Noah.
Like all siblings, there are similarities and differences between Noah and Mattias. Today, I was thinking about the characteristics I have yet to experience in either of my children. Here are some new additions I'd like to experience in my kids (let's presume these could come in Number 3 – OR – maybe the boys will still grow into them?):
  • The Slow and Steady Eater.  Noah and Mattias mostly eat just fine, but they are SPEEDY FAST. I would love to get them (or another child) to sit at the table for longer than 10 minutes without asking to be excused.
  • The About-My-Day-Chatter-er. Well, it's still possible that Mattias might be this person. So far getting Noah to talk about his day is a very tricky business. I'm not very adept at the art of chatting myself, but I'm in awe of those who are.
  • The Sleeper Baby.  The kind that loves to sleep at night. Haven't had one of those yet. I have a sneaking suspicion that it would be pretty rough to adjust to a Nonsleeper if the first baby (or two) was a Sleeper. But I think the inverse would be okay. They do exist, right? Or is it a myth?
  • The Drawing Artist.  I've always longed to have a kid who adores paper and a writing instrument. Such a simple, peaceful activity (in my mind's eye).

3 comments:

Sara Struckman said...

Love to see the pictures of your boys playing together. It's so funny to hear about what your kids are like, because mine are the complete opposite and sometimes I wish for other attributes - eating in particular (except for the sleeping - we're good on the sleeping and I'd never trade that). Benny has just recently started to draw. After 5 years of little to no interest in the subject, he's suddenly consumed by the need to color and draw. Don't know what prompted this shift, but it's fun to see. Lila, on the other hand, would rather eat crayons.

Swistle said...

I love that the Baby shares your place-setting!

Pregnantly Plump said...

The table setting is sweet. Baby Plum was a pretty good sleeper as a baby, though not anymore. Little Elvis wasn't and Cheese Puff isn't. I don't know about Cheese Puff, but my older 2 are not artists. I hear stories of kids that you can give crayons and paper, and they will color for a hour at a time. It sounds wonderful.