Thursday, September 20, 2012

Brasil Club

This used to be my favorite sandwich, in my favorite cafe. The barista would roll her eyes and sigh with an amount apathy reserved for only the most favored baristas in those kind of cafes when I ordered it. You know, I get it. I've made this sandwich 4 times this week and it's a major pain in the ass. There are so many ingredients to have on hand and so much preparation of veggies. And it's exactly what my body is craving right now.

I don't expect you to make it. But since I've made it so much lately, I'm at least going to show off my handiwork.



Brasil Club (Vegetarian)
Toasted bread, sliced provolone cheese, chopped walnuts, sliced avocado, grated (raw) beet, grated carrot, sliced cucumber, sliced tomato (yellow in this photo), sliced red onion, alfalfa sprouts, and baby spinach.

At some point, my ingredient notes say that this sandwich included dijon mustard, but I dropped that ingredient and haven't missed it.

Divine. And beautiful, no?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should not have looked at this post with an empty stomach - can you please post another blog soon, so I don't see this terribly yummy picture every time I click on your site, it is so alluring!

Shalini said...

Oh my goodness. I love sandwiches. I should probably change my objective on my resumes to that. This looks SO GOOD.