Saturday, May 19, 2012

Dandelion Tattoos

A little fun for the weekend:


Find a dandelion, break it off and use the milky stuff in the stem to draw a design on the hand.


Rub the petals over the design.


There you have it, one yellow dandelion tattoo!


It will turn brown after a few hours. I'm not sure if that's from a chemical reaction or (ah-hem) dirt sticking to the tattoo? I'll leave that for you to figure out.


It washes off with soap. But don't try the same to your clothes. (It will stain them.)

5 comments:

Katie said...

Love it! I just signed up for a dandelion medicine class in June. I'll be sure to pass on how well dandelions treat happy childhood fun.

twisterfish said...

very cute!

rooth said...

That is so cool - I totally did not know about this!

Pregnantly Plump said...

Very neat! We will have to try that.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this brought back long-forgotten memories of doing this in childhood. But with one big difference - tattoos were definitely considered "low class" in my childhood days, not cool, so our mother did not appreciate our attempts to decorate ourselves. Seems I remember some rather harsh scrubbings with Lava soap trying to erase the art work on my hands before going to the dinner table!