Sunday, March 18, 2012

Slumber

I've always maintained that the value of this blog is two things. First, it is my personal exercise in sharing - something that I am not very good at. For me, sharing is an exercise in allowing myself to be - feel? - vulnerable.

I don't like feeling vulnerable. I typically and traditionally go out of my way to avoid it. But that doesn't mean I don't think sharing is important.

Second, it's something tangible that I can do. I can see the product. I can feel like I accomplished something on a day when it feels like nothing else got done around here.

But lately, neither or these two stars are aligning for me. I'm tired of sharing and it's associated vulnerabilities. I'm also feeling less interested in adding to my own collection of blog posts.

Maybe the stars will realign tomorrow, and maybe not. I don't know. In the meantime, I'll keep reading other blogs and updating these links on my sidebar for those of you looking for some inspiration.

Also, why in the world did blogger make this annoying auto-correct feature? I hate it. Can anyone tell me how to turn it off?

5 comments:

Katie (Mama May I) said...

I hear you. I have days when I'm sure I'm done. And then I come back. I love the creative outlet - a space to write and share my photography - but I stumble, especially now that the kiddos are getting older with how much I want to share of our life.

I'll miss you posting here as I love reading about your perspectives on life, parenting, design, etc. You have such a fantastic spin on it all.

twisterfish said...

Hoping the stars align for you soon! I think everyone gets out of alignment everyone every once in a while, but have patience and they should make their way back for you.

Thanks for posting those links on the side, I'm going to check them out while waiting for the "sometime between 9 and 5" service guy today.

Craftwhack said...

I love the tangible rewards of posting. And I keep waiting for that inevitable need for a little break. Isn't it just the natural ebb and flow that is associated with everything?

Pregnantly Plump said...

I'm sorry you're tired of the blogging. I like reading your posts. I write more to feel a connection with others, especially if I've been trapped with littles all day long. None of my friends here know about my blog. It's a way for me to be more me than I am with them. It's also a journal for the boys.
As for auto correct, I had no idea blogger did that! My cell phone does though, and I can't turn it off there.

Anonymous said...

I hope you continue to blog after you take a well-deserved and to-be-expected rejuvenation break. Taking a risk, making yourself vulnerable, and being willing to share may lead to some uncomfortable or even hurtful times, but in the end it is so worth it to open yourself to others. And to yourself!

Keep reflecting, questioning and sharing with us. You help us all (even grannies) to grow!