Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Almost Perfect Ordinary Day

Today we had an Almost Perfect Ordinary Day. One might think that an Almost Perfect Ordinary Day comes every week or so. But sadly, no. I think it's more like once every three months.

I spent the day being thankful for each successive successful moment. Breakfast, school, lunch, nap, laundry, playing outside, grocery shopping, dinner, bedtime. I promised myself that I would at least acknowledge here that we had one; especially since I'm quicker to record the messy moments.

The last two months have been rough around here. We've been lucky to do lots of fun stuff and spend a lot of time visiting relatives. But disruption to the normal schedule is always stressful and it feels good - so good - to be looking at a more or less unscheduled calendar for a few months.

3 comments:

Katie (Mama May I) said...

I strive for unscheduled calendars. Uncluttered days are our best days. Love when they come together the way you just described. Delightful!

Pregnantly Plump said...

Those days are nice, and very welcome after a busy time.

Craftwhack said...

I love ordinary days. I live for them, and it's taken a long time for me to admit that. Sigh.