Monday, January 16, 2012

Stripes

We might have reached stripe saturation until Noah jumps a clothing size.
Stripes in contrapposto
When I'm trying to justify my outrageous need to purchase (or beg my mother to purchase) every single article of boys clothing with stripes on it, I mutter things to myself like:

The minimalist expression of proportion.


and
The socks are both nomadic and striated. Hahaha...I'm sooo funny!

I truly spend too much time getting philosophical with the laundry.
Did you already know I was a nerd?

But the stripes DO make me smile.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, maybe you should consider the effect of hormones on design choices. What could make you include pastels and/or circular lines? (When things get a little too crazy with the male members of the family, I always say, "Too much test--------!". It explains all kinds of things.) Just teasing, Ann. I'm just a wistful grandma.

Shalini said...

They make me smile, too. :)

Pregnantly Plump said...

There are so many cute patterns that we have to stay away from, because they aren't for boys. It seems like stripes are the one thing we're allowed.

Katie (Mama May I) said...

I would take stripes over dots any day! ;)

Craftwhack said...

Oh my. I love stripes so much- and reading philosophical thoughts on stripes is making me positively giddy.