Saturday, January 21, 2012

In the Middle

If someone suddenly placed me on this planet and explained to me the concept of marriage, I-me-myself (the Psych 101 dropout) would assume that OF COURSE! EVERYONE gets along with their in-laws! After all, these are the people who love the same person as you! These folks were the most important in your beloved's life prior to you! OF COURSE you would love them and get along swimmingly!

[photo removed]

Or maybe this kind of thinking turns up the pressure and makes little differences feel like chasms.

One week down, one guest. One week to go, two more guests added tomorrow.

4 comments:

Swistle said...

Oh, I know. I remember clearly in high school pooh-poohing some advice I'd gotten to carefully consider a boy's family before getting serious with the boy. I had two thoughts on the subject, both of which were nonsense: one, that of course I'd love the family of any guy I loved; and two, that it wouldn't really matter if I didn't.

Pregnantly Plump said...

Good luck! I really don't have to deal with that, but I'm sure Bob has lots of thoughts since we live so close to his in-laws.

Shalini said...

I know, too. I love my in-laws dearly, but visits are just difficult no matter what.

Craftwhack said...

Yes. I also can't get past the idea that if you are immediately family you don't necessarily love each other. It seems...illogical.