Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Does your husband read your blog?

Don't you think this is an interesting question?

I do.

Answer 1:
No, Fritz doesn't. Not really. I don't like to admit that. (Intentionally avoiding further elaboration.)

I've tried typing out the other answer with all it's various qualifications so that my answer is: Yes, he IS reading my blog! The post got really long. Finally, I appeased myself with this:

Answer 2:
Yes, he reads my blog if I tell him to.

All of this thinking about answering such a seemingly simple and direct question gave me three more thoughts about myself and blogging:

1) Blogging about kids when they are younger is probably – definitely? – much easier because the parent-child relationship is clear(er). Clearer both to the parent/blogger and to the outside world. Older people relationships or longer term relationships are more complex and less suited to the blogging-stand-alone-post-format.

2) Nonetheless, there's something intriguing, frightening, and challenging about trying to blog about complex relationships. Is it impossible? Decidedly, morally wrong? I don't think so.

3) Sometimes I find it very difficult to walk away from something once it's been framed as a Challenge.

5 comments:

Katie (Mama May I) said...

I catch Eric reading my blog every once in awhile. He's most definitely not one of my "regulars". ;)

Swistle said...

I've asked Paul not to, but I don't know for sure that he's going along with that.

Shalini said...

Gregg reads my blog, but only because I make him. (And because once I cried, "You don't love me!" when he admitted he hadn't read it in MONTHS.) And why yes, I *am* a big baby, but there should be something in the vows about whichever you prefer, and to stick to it.

Pregnantly Plump said...

Bob reads mine. Sometimes before I hit post, sometimes after. He likes seeing the pictures, since I usually just dump them into my computer and he doesn't get a chance to see them.

Craftwhack said...

Christian reads my blog. He says it's his favorite thing to read of all times, and I'm sure he's telling the truth. Or maybe he's just tat good at keeping me appeased... anyway I like your challenge of blogging about more complex relationships.