Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Conspiracy

Do you know I use one browser for blogging and a different browser for everything else? Does that make me organized or paranoid?

Denver doesn't plow, like, 95% of its streets. But, you say, I thought it snowed in Denver! Yes, it does! But the city relies on the fact that the snow will melt. As of today, it's been 2 weeks since it snowed and there is STILL snow on the streets out of my neighborhood. The only other place I ever lived with such miserable plowing was Houston. Houston is forgiven. Denver is not. I think Denver is single handedly keep the All Wheel Drive industry afloat.

The persimmons are almost edible.

The other day was an occasion to wear make up. Now I remember why I'm not wearing makeup very much any more. It emphasizes my wrinkles. I guess that would mean I really, really need to start moisturizing. But: do you think this is intentional on the part of the cosmetic industry? Hook them young on makeup and they will buy moisturizer (to keep wearing makeup) their whole lives? I might just throw away everything but eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. I'll save money twice over. The End.

3 comments:

Pregnantly Plump said...

Sorry about the plowing -- that is crazy. Bob is from up north, and he said they plowed the city streets. He lived way out in the country, and his family had a snowplow. You would think a bigger area would have one.
As for make-up, they have some with moisturizer built in. I haven't tried that, but I do really like the dark circle cover up by Maybelline I think.

Shalini said...

Nebraska was the SAME WAY. It drove me crazy, coming from a place where they plow everything until the streets sparkle. I don't get it!

And eh to makeup--don't wear it if you don't need it! (And who really needs it?)

Anonymous said...

Around here, I would say: great - you can pull the kids on the sled to preschool...little too far for you and too many cars on the snow covered streets, right?