Sunday, November 27, 2011

Four for Four

My mother always says that if she wants to know what I'm doing, she talks to me on the phone. If she wants to know what I'm thinking, she reads my blog. But the last four days? I'm doing almost nothing and thinking very little.

We had turkey on Thursday, just the four of us. We cleaned up Friday morning. And then Fritz and I looked at each other and said,

"Wow. We still have 2 and half more days."

I'm not sure I can ever remember such a low key, stress-free Thanksgiving. We forgot to make the stuffing. Nobody missed it.

Noah wasn't so sure about our Thanksgiving. He asked me several times if we could invite some people over. He was a little disappointed by just-the-four-of-us.

But I feel ready to get back to the craziness of the Holiday Season. Not anxious-ready. Just prepared and well-rested-ready. It makes me think: what if every long Thanksgiving Weekend was like this? What if I always felt rejuvenated and well-rested afterward?

I guess I am thinking: but just a little bit.

2 comments:

Katie (Mama May I) said...

Sounds like it was a very precious holiday for all four of you. Perhaps later in life Noah will be the one responsible for bringing everyone together. :)
Breathing space is always a good thing.

Shalini said...

I am totally jealous of your holiday. After traveling I am now in a frenzy over getting cards sent out/the tree up/the presents bought and it seems like no fun anymore. Sigh.