Friday, July 15, 2011

The kind of Coupons I need in order to use Coupons

I really, really hate to use coupons; mostly because tracking down coupons for the items we use seems so inefficient.

This is what I want:

I want to enter all the specific products and brands that I buy on a regular basis in a list.

Then I want a service that tells me exactly when and where these items are on sale (in Denver).

Preferably, that service will be free. It will email me at the beginning of each week. And I only want ONE email a week telling me ONLY the products I buy and ONLY the locations where those products are on sale.  I would prefer that the weekly email sort the products by location. 

Is that really so complicated? Am I asking too much?

Do you know something I don't know?

Does it already exist?


1 comment:

Meredith said...

OK, so I've heard of a service similar to what you're asking for, but it's not free.
It's called the grocery game, or the coupon game. It's not free, so I don't use it. But I have friends who think it's well worth the cost. You put in your location, and it goes through ads and matches them with coupons to tell you when to buy and where to buy. In order to get the most out of it, you need to keep all the coupons that come out and match them up. I don't buy most of the stuff that are featured in coupons. I also don't use most of the coupons I clip. So, I don't think it pays off.
Many grocery stores offer online coupons, and once a week you can save them to your card. I use this some. And sometimes I search for online coupons for the stuff I want. It takes time, though.