Sunday, June 26, 2011

Seven

When Fritz and I started dating, I knew that he was someone I could spend my whole life getting to know. This may sounds strange, but it was amazingly appealing to me.

And so far, both the getting to know and the appealing phenomenon are still true.



He picked up this violin and played it a few months ago. I mean - he played an actual tune! I didn't know he could do that. I asked him later, "Have you played violin before?"

"No, never."

Well, maybe you can guess that from his technique. But I'm pretty sure I couldn't blindly get a tune out of a violin, technique or not.

I have to tell you, I love a good surprise! (Well, sometimes.)

We went out to celebrate our anniversary. Alone. Without piccolini. It's the first time we've celebrated our anniversary out, on the town, so to speak, in FIVE YEARS because of real or perceived problems with finding and accepting babysitters.  (Yes, okay, I do have issues....)

And it was wonderful. And the very expensive babysitter was wonderful. But Mattias still smelled like her this morning, so I know it couldn't have been so wonderful for him - or her. He must have spent a lot of time being held between 8pm and midnight.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Happy anniversary! It's good that he keeps you on your toes. I think it's good to stay interested.

Anonymous said...

No, didn't you know - he was a famos Jazz pianist back in Austin, and my husband (who sent me roses the last three years on our anniversary because he was out of country...glad you got to enjoy yours even more) played the violin. That's were he learned it! And guess who was the singer???

clueless but hopeful mama said...

Congrats on your anniversary! 'Tis the season (mine's tomorrow!)

I love that he can still surprise you. And Congrats on your date night too!

Ann Wyse said...

I'm laughing, Anonymous.

Thanks for all the congrats!