Friday, April 8, 2011

Another Castle

Sometimes it is really worth it to get off the beaten path when you're doing touristy things like visiting castles. I know, I know, I sound like a guide book. And since I'm not much of an explorer (ie, I NEVER willingly get off the beaten path), it's a good thing that Oma came up with this awesome castle to visit: Burg Breuberg in Odenwald.

Sure, you can go to the famous castles, but will they let you wonder around the ruins and climb through tunnels?



Will there be a basketball court in the Graben for the youth hostel in the tower?


Will they host themed birthday parties?


Will they let let you wonder inside the walls like a medieval villager?


Exploring this castle was way more fun for the four year old than some stuffy tour.

The thirty-four year old loved this castle because it was simultaneously ancient ruins and modern community center: new and old and accessible to everyone.

No comments: