Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Addictive Shortbread



These cookies are addictive. My mother-in-law makes them every year for Christmas. Makes? No actually, she buys rolls of dough from the German equivalent of Schwan's and then slices the dough and bakes it in the oven. So easy to bake. And so easy to eat! Coincidentally, while I was eating them at rate of about 5 an hour*, this post appeared. Ah ha! These are shortbread. And chocolate shortbread. No wonder I can't stop eating them.

I mentioned that I couldn't stop eating them and about 12 minutes, or 1 cookie later, they disappeared.

"Where did they go?" I asked Fritz.

"Well, I think my mother put them away after you complained."

I wasn't complaining! I was joking. I like them! Bring them back!

Hmmm. Maybe it's a hint...

No, I choose not to believe it! I'm still looking for them.


Update: the cookies are back.  I finished them off in about 6 hours after they reappeared.

* We weren't around at Christmastime, so they were frozen and saved for our spring vacation visit.

1 comment:

Pregnantly Plump said...

They do look yummy!