Saturday, February 26, 2011

My favorite handbag

My mother-in-law gave me this bag a couple of years ago after she saw it at a trade show in Germany. I'm extremely demanding and picky when it comes to bags - I've never been one to simply go with the trends. Stylistically, (I believe) a bag should always be elegant and simple. And it MUST function well. For handbags, I look for functionality in adequate and appropriate compartments, as well as flexibility of use. Diapers and water bottles need to fit in everything I use.  


This bag LOOKS rather small. But it's got accordion folds on the side. See? It's genius...
They unfold to look like this:
Meaning there's plenty of room in this little bag for carrying around the piccolini's water bottles AND some more stuff. Even full, it still looks elegant.

Of course the beautiful, bold colors of the leather/suede are pretty nice, too. Especially if you're like me, and you love bold beautiful hidden color. No really, I'm serious, I love brightly colored insides. However, this bag is so thoroughly outside of my budget that I would probably never even look at it through a store window. 

But. If one is going to spend a lot of money on a bag, I really believe in supporting clever, original, and functional design. (As opposed to, say, a bag that uses a "special" leather foil embossing technique to cover the outside of its enormous surface area with its company initials. Ugh.)  It's called the Butterfly, you can find it at Hester Van Eeghen's US based website.

No comments: