Thursday, January 27, 2011

White Window Treatments



It would be better if this photo was from the exterior.  But I couldn't resist!
And, no, I'm sorry this is NOT our house.  If only I was so brave.

First. Disclosure:  we have ALL of the following:

  • white wood blinds 
  • white plastic blinds 
  • white sheers 
  • white temporary-paper-blind-thingies (what a great invention!) 

Second.  Do white window treatments - viewed from the exterior of a house - remind anyone else of white underwear?

Fritz mentioned it about 6 months ago and I CANNOT shake that thought. We went ahead and treated some of our windows in white - but I've got to tell you, it's bothering me. 

Because it kind of does remind me of white underwear sticking out of somebody's pants. Or worse.


What do you think? Do some window treatments look better than others from the exterior? 

1 comment:

Pregnantly Plump said...

I've never thought about how treatments look from the outside, but it makes sense. We have a huge picture window with smaller windows on each side. I've only put curtains on the two side windows. I'll have to see how they look from the outside.